Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again
On July 20, 2018, get ready to sing and dance, laugh and love all over again.
  Photos
  Videos

Mary Poppins Returns
This Christmas, Emily Blunt stars in an all-new tale of Britain's most beloved nanny.
  Photos
  Videos

Big Little Lies: Season 2
In 2019, Meryl Streep moves to Monterey for the second season of Big Little Lies.
  Photos
  Videos
  December 30th, 2012       Posted by Frederik       Display Comments

Lots of additional images from public appearances in 2012 have been added to complete this year’s galleries. The new addtions include mostly the early year’s promotion for “The Iron Lady”, including the London and Paris premieres and the Berlin Film Festival. Then, there’s more from the BAFTAs and Academy Awards as well as the “Hope Springs” premiere up to the more recent Kennedy Center Honors. Click the previews below to launch all latest additions.

Also added have been three new flipbooks (with more in the works). The first focuses on Considered Projects – the films that Meryl planned to do or was considered for (I’m sure there’ll be some surprises). Then, two flipbooks on Meryl’s singing – on film and in real life. Enjoy – and Happy New Year!

7 Responses to “2012 appearances wrap-up and new flipbooks”
Saskia

coool – you did the singing flipbooks i suggested :-). enjoyed reading it so much. thankyou !

Dec 31, 12 at 4:50 pm
Frédérique971

Thank you Frederick for this website, you do an amazing work. I follow you since 2010 and I’m not disappointed.
I hope 2013 will be marvelous like 2012.
I WISH YOU AND ALL THE STEEPERS AROUND THE WORLD A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
;)

Dec 31, 12 at 8:46 pm
Nancy

Thank you Frederick. Happy New Year!

Jan 01, 13 at 3:23 am
Manuel

Happy New Year, Frederik, you’re truly a devoted fan. The “dropped projects” flipbook was very interesting, and these final lines – “Eventually, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis were cast, Streep and Hawn found eternal youth in “Death Becomes Her” and Hunter and McDormand won Oscars for The Piano and Fargo.” – made me laugh a lot; keep writing! :)

Jan 02, 13 at 9:06 pm
Sonja

Happy New Year!

I like that pic from the Oscars where she leaves the stage.
You can see what she’s thinking:
“My god… I won…. I REALLY won! No more waiting!”

Yeah, I really believe she thought that.

BTW an interesting idea for a flipbook could be about the real women she has played in biopics, including characters like Suzanne Vale or Miranda Priestly who were at least based on real persons. A short biography could be nice. 8)

Anyway, thanks for all the amazing work you do here, Frederick!

Jan 04, 13 at 5:29 pm
Luz

Thankyou Simply Streep for bringing us this wonderful new section the Flipbook with all it´s cathegories, marvelous job, I´ve enjoyed so much.

How could we ever imagine such things as we have discovered there.

As in the leading men concerns me I think the ones that Meryl has had most chemistry in are with Robert De Niro in Falling in Love, Alec Balwin in It´s Complicated and with Jack Nickolson in Heartburn it was cutting edge. Oh by the way, there was nothing about Tomy Lee Jones in Hope Springs, which I recently saw, it was really good too

Jan 05, 13 at 3:05 pm
zabrina

Whatta great compilation! Looking forward for more this 2013… Love it…Thanks Fred! Happy New Year Streepers and Strummers…

Jan 07, 13 at 6:38 am