Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again
On July 20, 2018, get ready to sing and dance, laugh and love all over again.
  Photos
  Videos

Mary Poppins Returns
This Christmas, Emily Blunt stars in an all-new tale of Britain's most beloved nanny.
  Photos
  Videos

Big Little Lies: Season 2
In 2019, Meryl Streep moves to Monterey for the second season of Big Little Lies.
  Photos
  Videos
  August 8th, 2012       Posted by Frederik       Display Comments

Today, “Hope Springs” opens in US theaters. If you’re among the happy ones to see it on the big screen, please share your thoughts on the film in the comments as I’m sure many visitors appreciate a fan’s view on the film as well. Please make sure not to include spoilers, or mark your post as spoilers, so people can enjoy the film when they see it themselves. To everyone who has a ticket already, enjoy watching “Hope Springs”.

13 Responses to ““Hope Springs” opens today. Share your thoughts”
Harry

I literally just came back from the movie. Boy, where should I start? Oh right. The performances!!!! Both Meryl and Tommy are marvelous. What a phenomenon. Both are superb and breath-taking. I am hoping that both will be nominated for Oscar since they deserve it! They shine throughout the film.
The film itself is sweet and charming. But it makes me feel quite uncomfortable. It definitely challenges everybody’s everyday problem: getting our feelings across and gaining intimacy with the loved ones meaning lovers, parents, relatives, etc. It hits me quite hard. It speaks the truth. I think everyone can relate to it one way or the other even though it is focused on old married couple.
Well, Streepers, you know what to do. Go and enjoy another phenomenal performance of Meryl Streep!

Aug 09, 12 at 1:14 am
Sophie

Hope Springs was so good! I saw it today with a friend and oh my goodness. I expected so much from this film and then I saw it and it blew my mind, it was so much better than i expected. Meryl and Tommy had so much on screen dynamic, and I think that, mixed with the brilliant writing, made the film one of my favorites.

Aug 09, 12 at 1:36 am
Dee

I went to the midnight showing in Dallas and it was well worth the lack of sleep. Meryl is such an awesome actress, as we all know, but she is so daring in the subject she took on in this film. Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Streep had excellent chemistry. And Steve Carell was perfect in his role as a therapist. I can’t wait to go again and actually thought I might go again today but am way too tired. Hahaha. The movie truly does transcend age. What a wonderful movie! Meryl…….you’re awesome!

Aug 09, 12 at 3:36 am
Jess W

wow! this film was truly great. I am a huge fan of Meryl Streep and I have never seen her play someone like Kay. This movie exceeded by expectations by far. It looked like it was going to be a comedy but it was so much more than that. Her emotions really came out and she played this character perfectly. I really believe that this will have a big effect on people who are going through a situation like the one presented in the film.

Aug 09, 12 at 3:49 am
Michele

The movie was wonderful. I laughed, I cried, I was touched.

Aug 09, 12 at 3:56 am
Maya

I absolutely loved it! Went to the midnight screening in NYC. It was such a well-written film; absolutely genuine, true and real. And only these two superb actors could have made this film so incredibly emotional and yet hysterical at the same time. Tommy Lee and Meryl were absolutely brilliant.

Aug 09, 12 at 4:10 am
CLAUDIA

Watch “HOPE SPRINGS”,its very funny.

Aug 09, 12 at 9:39 am
Julie

Went to see the film last evening and absolutely LOVED IT!! Great story-great acting and it really took me by surprise in parts. I can’t wait to see it again!!! Everyone get out and see it, you won’t be disappointed!

Aug 09, 12 at 2:41 pm
Tena

Just saw “Hope Springs” on Opening Night!!
Oh My Goodness ~ Meryl did it again!!
The movie, as a whole, is so much deeper, richer, touching and just better than the ads make it appear to be.
Visually it’s beautiful and the entire cast, especially Meryl and her leading man, Tommy Lee Jones, are all pitch perfect.
It’s easily already jumped into one of the 5 best movies that I’ve seen so far this year; and I go to first run films twice a week, every week!!
To sum it up; a brilliant piece of cinema with again one of Meryl’s best performances ever and she couldn’t be lovlier!
Everyone should support her and go to the theater and see it; you won’t be disappointed.
Enjoy!!

Aug 09, 12 at 3:27 pm
Sarah

It wasn’t one of my favourites, but definitely a great movie. I just don’t think I’m the audience for it. I went and saw it with my dad, so it was a little bit awkward. Tommy Lee Jones did an excellent job, and Meryl was fabulous as usual, but i didn’t like her character that much, since she was trying to be someone she wasn’t.

I didn’t like It’s Complicated when it first came out, but it certainly grew on me, so maybe this one will!

Aug 09, 12 at 6:11 pm
Cody Bryant

Just saw HOPE SPRINGS today, and of course Meryl was fantastic in it, but I really felt Tommy Lee Jones shined a little brighter here. His character was so grumpy, yet we root for him. And watching his vulnerability progress was one of the best parts of the film. Together Streep and Jones are like magic… I call this movie “Fifty Shades of Grey” for my parents! But, I too enjoyed! Bravo.

Aug 10, 12 at 5:02 am
rachel

Brave performance of meryl stree, she did it again. No doubt she will win the golden globe, and hope she will be nominated for the oscar.

Aug 11, 12 at 8:58 pm
Emma (EmmaLoveJen on youtube)

I went to see “Hope Springs” with my friend. She said, “I have a feeling I’m going to be crying at the end of this movie”. She got all teary and smudged her make-up! :)

Very funny, and touching movie! everyone should see it. I’ll probably pay to see it again.

Aug 14, 12 at 7:14 am