Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again
On July 20, 2018, get ready to sing and dance, laugh and love all over again.
  Photos
  Videos

Mary Poppins Returns
This Christmas, Emily Blunt stars in an all-new tale of Britain's most beloved nanny.
  Photos
  Videos

Big Little Lies: Season 2
In 2019, Meryl Streep moves to Monterey for the second season of Big Little Lies.
  Photos
  Videos
  December 13th, 2012       Posted by Frederik       Display Comments

Congratulations to Meryl for receiving a Golden Globe nomination as Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy for “Hope Springs”. She shares the category with Emily Blunt (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen), Judi Dench (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel), Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook) and Maggie Smith (Quartest). Streep’s nomination remains the only one for the film. This is Meryl Streep’s 27th nomination for a Golden Globe and the eighth in the comedy category. The Golden Globes will be handed out during a live ceremony on January 13, 2013.

20 Responses to “Meryl Streep receives Golden Globe nomination”
Harry

Go Meryl! Go! I really hope that she will get nominated for Oscar as well.

Dec 13, 12 at 8:51 pm
Rebecca

I don´t think that she will get an Oscar nomination for this movie.

Dec 13, 12 at 9:58 pm
Sophie

YAY! I hope she wins!

Dec 13, 12 at 10:29 pm
evi

…and this is just….perfect!!!!!!!!

Dec 13, 12 at 10:32 pm
Lucia

The foreign press loves Meryl every time. This year was going to be an off year, awardswise, so this is great news. She’s not going to get any other nomination, for sure, although I found her in HS really marvelous (and such a courageous pick), but with the GG nom is not so bad. Forget winning, it’s just not the right year and the right movie and so many front contenders. Next year, AOC!
I’m a bit disappointed for Tommy Lee Jones. He really deserved a nom. But he still has the supporting role in Lincoln to go around

Dec 14, 12 at 12:30 am
Gulcin

Yes. Of course, she wins. Meryl deserves it.

Dec 14, 12 at 1:20 am
santiago

Is without doubt that she will not be nominated for an Oscar, this year. However she did a terrific character in “Hope Springs”.

Dec 14, 12 at 1:36 am
kali(:

no doubt she’ll win this award. Oscars here she comes (: AGAIN

Dec 14, 12 at 4:13 am
Rebecca

This is wonderful news!!!! She deserves this!!!

Dec 14, 12 at 6:18 am
Nick

AWESOME NEWS! Three women over age 60! Meryl has to win!!

Dec 14, 12 at 7:23 am
Lorianna Liccketto

Mark my words.. If she wins I will seriously freak out and video it for the whole world to see!!!!!

Dec 14, 12 at 9:58 am
janice jaggers

We thought Meryl might want to contact Inez if she doesn’t already know about her illness..Inez McCormack, who some of you will know, is currently seriously ill in a hospice in Northern Ireland. Inez is a remarkable woman and was hugely influential in the NI peace talks and highly respected by all political parties in Ireland. She was very influential in shaping UNISON and remains an inspirational figure for all of us lucky enough to have come in contact with her.
I thought you might be interested in this from a couple of years ago when Meryl Streep played her in a Broadway play. Not many TU leaders could claim anything equivalent.

Dec 14, 12 at 12:39 pm
ila

Great news! What makes me happy is that this year’s category is wonderful! Look at those ladies! Maybe Meryl is not going to win but imagine the fun she’ll have in such wonderful company ;-)

Dec 14, 12 at 3:00 pm
Sonja

Congratz to No. 27!

I doubt she’ll get a nom, since it was her own wish not to be campaigned this year.
The Globes love her anyway.

Plus we all know she will score big with August:Osage County.

Dec 14, 12 at 3:08 pm
may

GOODLUCK is for the uncertain,I’d rather give you my confidence,Mrs Gummer

Dec 14, 12 at 3:35 pm
Rose

Go Meryl! Even if she doesn’t win, she should be very proud of herself.

Dec 15, 12 at 8:13 pm
Claudia

No doubt she’ll win this award.Oscars here she comes again.

Dec 16, 12 at 6:50 am
eimear

I hope she wins cause she was really amazing in hope springs

Dec 17, 12 at 12:03 pm
Marc

I think she’ll be competing with Judi Dench for this one! Judi was quite funny in her movie (Best Marigold Hotel…); great movie too! This isn’t a sure win for Meryl, I’m afraid.

Dec 17, 12 at 5:48 pm
Tena

Yes, the Globes have always loved Meryl!
Although she doesn’t always win them……
For me the most disappointing loss of all was when she didn’t win for “Mamma Mia!”
When my friends and I walked out the movie the first time we saw it, the first of 4 times in the theater, I told my best friend that at least we knew she’d win the Golden Globe that year!
I was shocked and angry when she didn’t win……and even today, after almost 4 years, every time I think about Meryl’s loss it still makes me mad!
So for this year, Bravo for the Nomination!!
Well deserved for a Heartfelt, True and Lovely Perfomance!
Way to go Meryl!